Monday, April 12, 2010

Baby Shower!!!

A few weeks ago, I threw a baby shower for my brother's wife, Sky. She is expecting the first cousin for the girls on my side of the family...it is a little girl and her name is Cora. That was my Great Grandmother's name. I know my good friends have heard me go on about this many times, but we have some really great names in my family and I wish I would have used them for my own girls. If I could go back in time, Isabel would be Adrien after my Great Uncle Adrian (I did actually suggest this, but let Jason talk me out of it because of the Rocky movies...but now I wish I would have fought harder for it) and Ashlen would be Zoe after my Great Grandma Zoella. If you ever need a cool name, just look at my family tree...we have an Anna, a Jordan, an Emerald, a Charlotte (another favorite of mine), a Duke, a Miriam, and the list goes on... I did find out recently that on Jason's side, Isabel has a Great, Great, Great, Great Grandma Isabel Roberts, so that makes me feel better for missing the boat on my family's fun pool of names. Anyway, I got off topic. Here are a few fun shots from the shower:

I sent each guest a sheet of oragami paper (in the nursery colors) and had them write a wish on the inside, then I had a student fold them all for me and I made a mobile of wishes for Cora:
At first glance, these look like regular flowers. Some of them are just carnations, but some of them are....baby socks and washcloths!

Gotta have cute little treats!!!
Here is my brother and his wife Sky:
My mom and my sister:
My dad, 'Papa', heping Isabel with a game:

Yes, I did the 'Guess the Melted Candy Bar in the Diaper Game'. I know, it is cheesy but I love it because I can always win this game. I will admit it wasn't as much fun when I couldn't play, but it was worth the laughs and the looks on everyone's faces!

Isabel brought her babies to the baby shower, of course! Ashlen was at a birthday party, otherwise I would probably have a picture of them arguing over the one on the left.

She can't wait for that baby to come out...Should be any day now!

No comments: