Monday, January 18, 2010

Snowgirl!!!

Our lovely neighbors built a snowman yesterday...a snowman that my girls could see from an upstairs window. Which meant that I said "We'll see..." to their "Can WE build a snowman?????" requests all morning long. When I picture the perfect day off, I don't usually include wet, cold fingers and a drippy nose. I am not a winter girl. At all. If it were summer, I would be the first one outside with the sprinkler, a baby pool, and a fun bug hunt. But, once the temperature drops below 70 degrees, I am an inside Mama. Today I caved because I realized that my girls have never built a snowman and the neighbor's did look pretty cute. So, out we went. Meet Amber, our snowgirl (I must admit that I love the name the girls chose...has a nice ring to it!):
I had to prune a bush in places where it didn't need to be pruned to get SnowAmber's arms. And, you can't tell in the picture but the girls selected red landscaping rock for her mouth because SnowAmber wears lipstick...unlike her namesake. Poor SnowAmber has a teeny-tiny little nose because I only had baby carrots. I sent the girls inside to dig a hat and scarf out of the box for SnowAmber...I was pleasantly surprised when they came out with a matching set (my OCD tendencies sometimes get in the way of fun)!

Apparently, the girls did not inherit my dislike of all things cold:

I had to go into my closet to get my camera to capture SnowAmber before she (hopefully) melts away soon. Jason was sleeping (he worked last night) and I was worried that the 'swish' of my snowpants would wake him up. I thought I made it through quietly, but when he woke up he told me he had a dream that the little brother from 'A Christmas Story' was in his room. He had me for a minute until I realized he was talking about me.

1 comment:

Wendy V. said...

Your comment about Jason's dream made me laugh out loud! That is so funny. I will have to post pictures of our SnowAlex. Fortunately, my children built it alone. I did go out and lift the middle section for them. This morning, Thomas was out there at 10:00 A.M. building him a little brother. No name for the poor little guy, but it doesn't matter because he is already headless. You are a great mom! That's awesome that you got out there with them and participated. I'm the lame mom that smiled from the front window. :)