I absolutely love peeking into the lives of my friends via their blogs, so I figured I would return the favor! It is just such a fun and easy way to keep in touch with those interested in an update. Unfortunately, life is just too crazy right now to have the luxury of calling/writing/visiting my friends and family on a regular basis, so hopefully this will help. I would like to say that I plan to update once a week, but in reality I know that I will probably only update when I have a minute, or when something interesting happens around here. Unless it is summer, and then I will probably update with every sneeze in the house! =)
So, here is a whole-family update to get you up to speed:
Jason-Jason is still working at the Morton Police Department. He likes it, most days! I enjoy the stories and the girls think he is the hero of the town...plus his flexible schedule allows him to be home with the girls most days of the week. He loves taking them to school and hearing all about their day as soon as they climb into the car when he picks them up. He works third shift, so we all appreciate that he is willing to sacrifice sleep a few days a week for his girls. He uses much of his free time to play Fantasy Baseball (just ended) and Fantasy Football (just started). He is very proud of all of his Fantasy Trophies...I guess a competitive spirit does not die with age, it just morphs into strange hobbies! Hunting season recently started, so the Fantasy Sports are taking a backseat to the treestand these days. He seems to think that he needs another head mounted, but I think the one lying on the basement floor (covered in cobwebs) prefers to have the house to himself, so we will see what happens!
Amber-I am in my second year of teaching life and earth science at Morton Junior High School. I still wake up thankful every morning that I get to teach here in Morton. I love this community and feel that being a part of our school district is a huge honor (sounds really hokey, but it is true)! I finished my master's degree in Educational Administration this past summer. It was a very interesting program...I started the program thinking that I was just getting a master's degree for the pay increase, but soon found that I might actually like to try out a desk in the big office someday. But, I have no plans to leave this school district, so unless the perfect opportunity falls into my lap, I am happy teaching protein synthesis and mineral identification to the pre-teens of the town!!! I seem to have a medical condition that prevents me from saying the word 'no', as I am involved in lots of extra-curricular activities this year. I told myself that as soon as I finished grad school, I wanted to get more involved in the school....I had no idea what was in store for me! I am currently sponsoring, or co-sponsoring: Yearbook, Student Council, Spelling Bee, Science Club, and Isabel's Girl Scout Daisy Group. I also serve on a ton of committees this year including the Curriculum Review, Curriculum Mapping, School Improvement, Discipline, and Handbook Committees. Whew...it is a little scary to look at those lists, but even scarier to look at my daily planner! My favorite things to do in my spare time (hahaha, I laugh at that sentence) include organizing (I know, strange, but I get so much satisfaction from organizing a closet or cabinet...the house can be dusty and dirty, but as long as it is organized, I am happy), watching movies with Jason or friends, cooking/baking (I have a new apple dumpling recipe I can't wait to try), and playing with my camera (not so much in an artistic way, more in a documentary way...the girls will never wonder about their childhood because I have boxes filled with snapshots of every moment). Of course, I do enjoy the occasional shopping trip as well.....(more emphasis on the word 'enjoy' than on 'occasional')
Isabel-Isabel is in her first year of Kindergarten...she is in the morning class, which is fine with her because she has always been a morning person. She loves her teacher and often asks for a hairstyle or outfit that might be similar to the beloved Miss Cox. I don't blame her...her teacher really is very sweet and adorable...she is fabulous!!!! Isabel is also involved in dance. This year, she is taking ballet and tap and cannot wait for the recital. She loves the costumes and being on stage...must be a first-born thing to love the drama and attention!!! Over the summer, she was also involved in Teddy Bears (a craft-making playgroup), swimming lessons, and tennis lessons. She loves spending time with her friends. Her best friend and her 'boyfriend' (much to Jason's dismay) are both in her class at school, so she is happy as can be! She is a very emotional, but loving kiddo...she loves to take care of her sister and her dolls and pretty much anything or anyone in need of some TLC. She is a very intelligent and sweet girl...except when her little sister gets into her room...it seems that she has the same OCD tendencies as her mother and she gets very upset when things are moved at all. She came up with the Halloween costume idea this year and is very excited about being Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.
Well, I hope you enjoyed your update and I promise to post more as often as possible!!!


2 comments:
Your pictures are adorable...love the Halloween picture...Kennedy has recently become obsessed with The Wizard of Oz! Now I have a new blog to stalk! Ours is jpick.blogspot.com and Amy S. has one at dylanhenrysmith.com
Sounds like things are going well for you! Take care!
Amber!! I'm so glad that you're blogging too. I love your pictures and family updates.....so fun! Your pictures and girls are adorable:) Things here are good so far. We've gotten settled in and pregnancy is good in the second trimester. He's started to kick and now I just can't wait until he's here in February. What a fun adventure that'll be. Tell everyone at the JH "Hi" for me and I miss you all. Talk to you soon. I'll have lots more comments to come, haha.
Post a Comment